The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information: Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details, job title)
- Company name
- Company address
- Job applications / CV
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Product information and quotes
- Sales processing
- Order fulfilment
We use the information that you have given us in order to provide information on products you’d be interested in and to fulfil order requirements. We may share this information with manufacturing facilities and shipping couriers to fulfil your order. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in our secure CRM system (HubSpot) and Accounting software Sage). We keep Name, job title, email address, phone number, company name, order details, order history, company address, digital communications, digital monitoring (i.e. email opens, web pages visited, website downloads) for up to 10 years. We will then dispose of your personal information by removing the records in our CRM and accounting software.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk